Our approach to supply chain management centres upon partnership with major manufacturers and suppliers whilst minimising cost expenditure for our customers through recycling and retrieval of stock.
We ensure our supply chain offers the lowest purchase prices in the sector and additional benefits for customers and service users. Annually, NRS Healthcare spends over £50 million on products across the community equipment and wheelchair sectors which gives us considerable leverage in the market place.
We provide all partner suppliers with our Supplier Charter to give full visibility of our expectations and standards required to ensure that flow of goods into our service centres achieves the highest level of supply chain efficiency.
The successful management of equipment on behalf of Commissioners is at the heart of our business.
The effective and efficient management of assets is critical in:
- Minimising unnecessary expenditure on new equipment through accurate stock management
- Proactively managing equipment in the community to ensure it is recalled when no longer in use
- Supporting Commissioning Goals to maintain people safely in their own homes for longer; and supporting more people with lower budgets
- Ensuring traceability for routine equipment maintenance and servicing
- Supporting traceability in proactively managing MHRA alerts to ensure Service Users are using safe equipment at all times
- Minimising the “loss” of equipment when Service Users are transferred from the home environment to long term residential or nursing care through RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Devices).
Our centrally based Procurement Team and Product Specialists:
- Maintain a strategic overview of all cross contract procurement activity and ensure that contracts and purchasing arrangements are conducted in line with legal requirements
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects of product choice and availability
- Complete contractor/service provider appraisals, tender evaluation and contract negotiations
- Provide a communication link for managers and service groups for corporate activity on contracting, stock availability and trend analysis
- Support practitioners in the identification of new products which offer improved clinical efficacy and cost savings.