- Published: Friday, 08 September 2017
After a recent inspection of our depots and Head Office, we’re proud to announce that NRS Healthcare has been awarded the OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditation – a truly international standard which sets out the requirements for occupational health and safety management good practice.
Approved by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA), this accreditation confirms we have the policies, procedures and controls in place to achieve the best possible working conditions and workplace health and safety aligned to internationally recognised best practice.There are many benefits that the OHSAS 18001 offers both our business and our customers. It enables us to:
1. Create the best possible working conditions across our organisation
2. Identify hazards and put in place controls to manage them
3. Reduce workplace accidents and illness to cut related costs and downtime
4. Engage and motivate staff with better, safer working conditions
5. Demonstrate compliance to customers and suppliersWe asked our Head of Health and Safety, Morag Cumming-Tandy, to explain the significance of NRS Healthcare being awarded with this prestigious accreditation:
“The introduction of an accredited Health & Safety Management system has enabled our teams at NRS to put in place structured management frameworks thus minimizing our operational risks, delivering optimum working conditions and meeting legal, industry and customer requirements.
It also ensures NRS Healthcare’s longevity, health and integrity through improving our corporate reputation and demonstrating our commitment to best practice.”
Please visit our Awards and Accreditations page for more information on our full range of achievements and recognitions.