NRS Healthcare recognises that all fitting and adaptations work needs to be completed with the specific aim of enhancing the safe, independent living facilities for Service Users. We already successfully deliver this service in our portfolio of contracts and have the necessary staff training, processes, systems, risk assessments and capability in place.
We work to the following legislation:
- Chronically Sick & Disabled Persons Act 1970
- Local Government Housing Act 1989
- National Assistance Act 1948
- The NHS and Community Act 1990
- The Children Act 1989
- Disability Discrimination Act 1996
- Equality Act
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1984
- For externally sourced electrical works, all jobs will be tested and certified as required by BS 76781:2008 and all works shall comply with Parts F, L and M of the Building Regulations.
Using the following standards:
- Minor Adaptations Without Delay - College of Occupational Therapists Guidance
- NRS Technical Manual 2 – Installation Instructions