NRS Healthcare has invested in a team of professional Occupational Therapists (OTs), managed by our Clinical Services Lead, to drive forward the clinical aspects of the community equipment service provision.
We recognise the importance of having employees who understand the health and social care system from the inside, can speak the same language as the prescribers who use our service, understand the pressures they face and what could make their working lives easier.
We have experienced OTs based at our Service Centres whose role includes:
- Supporting the development of the Safe+Well™ Service in the localities they are based
- Establishing projects looking at the proactive recall of equipment in the community
- Acting as a "gatekeeper" for special equipment
- Providing specialist clinical advice to other prescribers
- Training prescribers in new equipment
- Training our driver technicians and monitoring their performance
All our OTs are members of the British Association of Occupational Therapists and The College of Occupational Therapists. They are also registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and are Enhanced DBS checked.