NRS Healthcare is certified to the following international standards for the delivery of Integrated Community Equipment Services (ICES):
ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Assurance standards; both internally and externally audited by the Lloyds Register of Quality Assurance ensures consistency across our total operation affording us the opportunity to significantly improve value for money through economies of scale whilst maintaining service excellence.
ISO 14001:2004 – Environmental standards; for our environmental management system which takes into account legal requirements for the protection of the environment in the operation of our business.
ISO/IEC 27001:2005 – Information Security; a formal specification means that it mandates specific requirements for our management system that brings information security under explicit management control.
We have achieved 97% in our completion of the Information Governance Toolkit which brings together how we ‘process’ or handle information relating to patients/service users and employees, and corporate information, eg financial and accounting records including those requirements set out in:
- The Data Protection Act 1998.
- The common law duty of confidentiality.
- The Confidentiality NHS Code of Practice.
- The NHS Care Record Guarantee for England.
- The Social Care Record Guarantee for England.
- The Information Security NHS Code of Practice.
- The Records Management NHS Code of Practice.
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- The Human Rights Act article 8.
- The Code of Practice for the Management of Confidential Information
We are compliant with all relevant legislative requirements for the provision of the service including:
- MHRA DB2006(05) Managing Medical Devices
- MHRA DB2010(01) Reporting Adverse Incidents and Disseminating Medical Device Alerts
- Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Consumer Protection Act 1987
- BS EN ISO 9001/2008
- Environmental Protection Act
- Equality Act 2010
NRS Healthcare is accredited against the Contractors Health & Safety Scheme (CHAS).
Additionally NRS Healthcare is a member of the British Healthcare Trade Association (BHTA), the Telecare Services Association (TSA), Community Equipment Code of Practice (CECOPS) scheme and Constructionline. We are a registered Community Equipment Dispenser.In September 2014, NRS Healthcare was named National Champion in the European Business Awards 2014/15; a prestigious competition supported by businesses leaders, academics, media and political representatives from across Europe.